Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, known as the King of Kings of Qawalli, is very successful artist of Pakistan and India.
|Name||Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan|
|Birth Name||Pervez Fateh Ali Khan|
|Birthday||13 October 1948|
|Bithplace||Lyallpur (Now Faisalabad), Punjab,|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter and Music director|
|Also known as||Shahenshah-e-Qawwali meaning "The King of Kings of Qawwali"|
|Height (approx)||170 cms|
|Weight (approx)||135 Kg (at the time of death)|
|Father||Fateh Ali Khan|
|Brother||Farrukh Fateh Ali Khan|
|Nephew||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan|
|Death||16 August 1997 (England)|
Some more details on Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
- Nusrat Saab was born in Punjab, Pakistan.
- Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Saab is world no.1 Qawwali Singer.
- He is considered as one of the greatest voices of Music industry.
- He is popular as ‘Shehanshah-e-Qawwalli’.
- He performed in more than 40 countries.
- He was the fifth child and first son of his father.
- His father wants him to become a doctor or engineer.
- But Nusrat Khan had a keen interest in music.
- In 1964, his father died & leaving his musical education under the supervision of his paternal uncles, Salamat Ali Khan & Mubarak Ali Khan .
- He is the uncle of another popular singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan.
- Ghulam Ghaus Samdan changed his name from Parvez to Nusrat.
- He also told him that he would become a great singer one day.
- In the year of 1971, after the passing of his uncle Mubarak Ali Khan, Nusrat Saab turned into the official leader of the family Qawwali party.
- The group is officially known as the Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Mujahid Mubarak Ali Khan & Party.
- In 1985, he performed at the World of Music, Arts and Dance festival in London, England.
- In 1985, he performed in Paris and in 1988 also.
- In the year 1987, Nusrat Saab performed at the 5th Asian Traditional Performing Art Festival in Japan.
- In 1989, he performed at Brooklyn Academy of Music, New York, U.S.
- He was the visiting artist at the University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States, in 1992 and 1993.
- He composed music for many Pakistani films.
- He also worked in Bollywood as Music director and Singer.
- He composed and sang many famous Bollywood songs.
- in 1997, He died of a sudden cardiac arrest in London.
- He was buried in Jhang Road Graveyard on Jhang Road, Faisalabad, Pakistan.
- Ustad Nusrat Saab is widely considered to be the most important and supreme qawwal in Music industry.
- In 1987, Ustad Nusrat got the President of Pakistan’s Award for his commitment to Pakistani music by the Government of Pakistan..
- In 1995, he received the UNESCO Music Prize, for his contribution in music.
- Faisalabad Arts Council’s auditorium named after Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.
- Many Indian music directors copied his music.
- In one interview, Ustad Nusrat jokingly gave ‘Best Copy’ awards to Bollywood composers ‘Viju Shah’ and ‘Anu
- Many documentaries have been made on Nusrat Saab.
- In 2020, still he is very popular.
Hope you are enjoying the article
Listen Song of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
Live concert in London in 1993
Jagjit Singh (Left) with Nusrat Saab (Right)
Thanks for reading the article. Keep visiting lyricstar.in