Shiv Kumar Batalvi, a very famous name in traditional Punjab, was most successful Punjabi Lyricist.
|Name||Shiv Kumar Batalvi|
|Birthday||23 July 1936|
|Birth country||British India (now in Pakistan)|
|Profession||Poet and Author|
|Known for||Romantic poetry|
|First Book||Piran da Paraga (The Scarf of Sorrows) (1960)|
|Father||Pandit Krishan Gopal|
|Death||6 May 1973 (Punjab, India)|
Some more details on Shiv Kumar Batalvi
- Shiv Kumar Batalvi was an Indian poet and writer.
- Poet Shiv was born in Sialkot district in Pakistan.
- After partition, his family moved to Punjab, India.
- He mainly worked in the Punjabi language.
- At a fair in Himachal Pradesh, he met a girl named ‘Maina’.
- At the point when he returned to search for her in her hometown, he heard the news of her demise.
- Then another girl came to his life, the daughter of Gurbaksh Singh Preetlari.
- But she left for the United States and wedded another person.
- At the point when he knew about the birth of her first kid, Shiv wrote a love poem ‘Main ek shikra yaar banaya’.
- It’s said that when she had her subsequent kid, somebody asked
- Shiv whether he would compose another poem. Shiv answered
- “Have I gotten liable for her? Am I to compose a poem on all her occasions she brings forth a youngster?”
- In 1967, Shiv won the ‘Sahitya Akademi Award’ and became the youngest receipt..
- In 1967, Shiv married with Arun.
- In 1968, just after the marriage, Shiv Kumar shifted to Chandigarh.
- Both had 2 children.
- In May 1972, Shiv had a trip to England.
- In September 1972, he returned to India.
- Shiv got affected by liver cirrhosis in the same year.
- Batalvi died on 1973, just at the age of 36.
- Every year, ‘Shiv Kumar Batalvi Award’ for Best Writer, is given by Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- An auditorium was constructed in Batala, Punjab on his 75th birth anniversary.
Hope you are enjoying the article
Listen one of the Best Song of Shiv
Thanks for reading the article. Keep visiting lyricstar.in
(Visited 74 times, 1 visits today)